- All tours are family oriented and great for children as young as five as well as the elderly.
- Each tour requires advance reservations with a minimum of four to operate, unless scheduling a private tour of one to three people.
- Appalachian GhostWalks is more about quality than quantity so our tours are limited to a maximum number of people, preferrably in one party or group, for the safety and enjoyment of all participants.
- Most of our ghostwalks are handicapped accessible. As with any of our tours, please call to make prior arrangements and reservations for guests with special needs.
- Appalachian GhostWalks operates tours year-round regardless of the weather - rain, or shine, so be sure to bring your umbrella and arrive on time as the tour will depart promptly as scheduled when reserved.
- Average length of our GhostWalks is two and half to three hours in duration depending on the tour and are a gentle stroll through the historic districts.
- Our tour guides are English speaking, but we can provide a Spanish interpreter upon request.
- There is much to see and to hear about on all of our exciting tours so don't forget your camera as well as some comfortable walking shoes. Guests frequently get amazing photographs of anomalous light and energy and we do point out photo opportunities along the tour route where our guests can and probably will get some very interesting pictures! Appalachian GhostWalks reserves the right to photograph our tours in operation and such photographs are the property of the tour company. Voluntary participation in any tour or vacation package is acknowledgement on the part of the guest that such photographs may be taken as a service to our guests, or in protecting the company's business interests, as well as that such photos will be kept on file by the company indefinitely for future reference. Sorry, but due to the copyright and trademark interests of the company, audio and video recording by any guest for all, or any portion of the presentations by our guides are strictly prohibited on all tours, at all times, unless otherwise specificed by the guide.
- For the comfort and enjoyment of all participants on the tour, smoking is not permitted during the tour presentation. The smoke interferes with attempts to photograph light anomalies and also can be distracting, if not dangerous for others who do not smoke. Certain exceptions, or special arrangements made be made with the guide if a private tour with sixteen, or more individuals in one party is being reserved, but all arrangements must be made in advance.
- Absolutely no alcohol or drugs are permitted on our tours. If anyone is deemed to be intoxicated or otherwise under the influence of drugs or alcohol by the tour guide, that person, or those persons will be removed from the tour with no refunds.
- Appalachian GhostWalks reserves the right to remove anyone from a tour who is being disruptive and distracting from the enjoyment of others on the tour, or who may pose a hazard to our other guests or to private property owners. Again, there are no refunds.
- Stay with the tour group at all times. Because tours are given at twilight and after dark, we want to keep you as safe as possible. Do not enter, or trespass on property the tour has not been invited to take you onto, or into. We respect the people and the property of the people of the towns and buildings we tour.
- By utilizing electronic equipment, The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center investigations team were able to obtain scientific evidence to support claims of hauntings at each historic site. The photographs, electronic voice phenomena (EVPs), and infrared video recorded during our initial investigations of the interior and exterior of the properties along each tour route are available for purchase on DVD from your tour guide when attending any of our walking tours, or from The Appalachian GhostWalks' Ghost Hunter Store. Again, ten percent of our annual profits go to benefit Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
- Ghost Hunting 101 ~ The Alternate Realities Center offers a world reknowned ghost hunting and dowsing certification program for those who wish to obtain their field certification in paranormal investigations. Space is limited and classes tend to fill up quickly so register early if you would like to attend. The class is a two day weekend seminar. For registration information, please Click Here.
APPLACHIAN GHOSTWALKS' LIABILITY DISCLAIMER|
Although all tours are held in safe, accessible areas, by volunteering to participate in offerings presented by our Appalachian GhostWalks, or its heirs or assignees, the participant agrees to hold harmless and release, both now and in perpetuity, Appalachian GhostWalks, the tour company owner and operator, our contractors, and or other representatives, from any and all liability, injury, accident, death, harm, financial loss, or incidental damages, or any other circumstance arising from, or which may occur during, immediately preceding, or following, or is in any way related to participation in said activities, whether or not due to omission, negligence, incompetence, failure, or any other reason on the part of, or by Appalachian GhostWalks and its representatives. The participant further understands that said activity may be physically strenuous and potentially hazardous, and agrees that they are in adequate physical and mental condition to participate and are properly clothed.